1. Pixel Bound Studios’ work is inspired by creatures found in both the real world and fantasy, inspired heavily by nature. Their work is cute and beautiful, while at the same time completely functional for use in everyday life.
2. Seams Witchy When you want to work at the Michigan Renaissance Festival but you can’t afford a costume, it’s time to get creative. For over twenty years I have been making custom garments from pirate coats to wedding dresses that have been worn to fairs across the country. I tried to stick to just one thing but that’s not how my creativity works. With Seams Witchy, I have expanded my offerings. Hair accessories, hats, home decor, kitchen notions and more are now available, all with that Witchy touch. Stop by and peruse my available stock, or we can work together to create the perfect custom piece.
3. The Trebled Penguin is a Michigan-based business that started with a love for music and flightless birds and has continued that fun and quirky feel to its items, including jewelry, accessories and small decor.
4. Kemmer Woodworks specializes in handmade wooden wares for all individuals. From games and RPG accessories, to cutting boards, to rune sets, and jewelry; we truly have a little bit of everything for everyone and every taste.
5. Nerdy accessories made by the finest of nerds! The Copper Hippo makes a variety of fun items with a nerdy twist.
6. Matcha Man Studio is your cafe inspired booth with a lot of both original and fanart. Whether you like prints, pillows or wax melts, Matcha Man has you covered!
7. Brad, The Pen Guy. My goal is to create pleasing and functional artwork for everyday use. Whether it’s a fountain pen, pencil, ballpoint, or other household item, each piece is created to be enjoyable to view and to use.
8. Ties that Bynde Designs Steel boned tight lacing that are drafted for real people
9. Welcome to Queerest Gear, your home for LGBTQ pride merch and apparel with a geeky twist. I’ve got representation for 25 different identities and am always working to include more. I’ve got hoodies, t-shirts, prints, hats, beanies, patches, stickers, buttons, and more!
10. Mixing cute and creepy, Empty Moon has something for fans of the strange, unusual, and misunderstood. From cryptids, to plush bats, to jewelry, to how to books on how to do your own unique art, Empty Moon has a soft spot for the misunderstood. Queer friendly vendors who are queer themselves, we also have pride merch to show the world who you are. Also dice boxes. We love tabletop RP. Come tell us about your characters.
11. Studio 42 Designs. We do our best to make the finest leather covers available for your favorite novels. As well as other leather accessory items for gaming, geekery, and life itself.
12. Manta Ray Creations Laser cut and engraved wooden tabletop game items, earrings, and keychains. 3D printed dice towers, models, and props..
13 Crystal Jankiewicz also known as Smushbox Art creates cute and colorful spooky artworks in a pop surrealism style. She also created the art for this year’s cover.
14 Hole in the Ground Creations. Just a hobbit, making shiny things for you to wear and use. Each piece of chain maille is made, by hand, one ring at a time, and is made to last forever.
15. Studio Kurahon As rare as the bones of a jelly. With us you will find unique products both hand made and digitally designed. 3D printing is our speciality and all done in house with our robot babies.
16. mushabear art + design Kimberly Ann — also known as mushie or mushabear— is an illustrator, fiber artist, and crafter from michigan. mostly obsessed with things like mushrooms, tarot, and video games, you can see the passion and care behind everything she produces. She’s often taking inspiration from nature, subculture, and everyday “boring” objects and offering new lenses to see them through. a multimedia artist at heart, she is always looking for new ways to express ideas and bring new life to the seemingly mundane. Kimberly aims to remain forever curious, and remind others of trinkets, tchotchkes , and memories long forgotten. if you like mushrooms, vaporwave, and kawaii culture, come say hi!!
17. Fruit Witch Illustrations Nerdy Nostalgia and Witchy Things. I make stickers, prints, decals, wire wrapped jewelry, mugs, and dice sets (like for DnD).
18. Monstrous on Main. DFS is a thirstmerch store catering to monsterlovers and furries. I design body pillows, keychains, charms, and prints of nonhuman favorites like Godzilla, Pyramidhead, and Baphomet. Come check it out!
19. QuietNova Studios is a fine purveyor of crocheted entanglements. If you need anything made out of yarn, from mice to penguins to axolotls, stop on by
20. “Shiny Things” specializes in all that sparkles and shines! I create anime/gaming themed necklaces and pins which are crafted from laser cut acrylic!
21. Wixy’s Wonders, LLC. Cute and nerdy inspired purses, pouches, totes, and other accessories.
- Penguicon’s Maker Market highlights our amazing community artists and spotlights their incredible crafts, art, and electronic projects. Every year, we are proud and honored to host such an array of talented Makers!
- Makers are selected by the Con Committee based on quality, variety, type of merchandise, relevance to the Penguicon concepts (Open Source and SF or general fandom), and whatever adds the most to the Penguicon experience.
- We are not accepting resale vendors.
- Please contact the Maker Market with any questions or to volunteer to help make the Maker Market happen!
- Applications for the 2022 Maker Market are now closed.