Join ConCom or staff! Contact our ConChair with any questions. Open positions:
- Sponsorship – ConCom Level
- Talent – ConCom Level
- Volunteers- ConCom Level
- Logistics- ConCom Level
- Room Parties Liaison – Staff Level under Hotel
- Community Liaison – Staff Level under Communications
- Charity Liaison – Staff Position under Chair or Asst Chair
- Special Events – Staff Position under Programming
- Web Wrangler- Staff Position Under Communications
- Social Media- Staff Position Under Communications
- Ops Desk Staff – Staff Position under Operations.
- Logistics Staff – Staff Position under Logistics.
- Consuite Staff – Staff position under Consuite Head.
- Program Ops Staff – Staff position under Program Operations
Interested in becoming a member of Team 2022 and want to apply for one of the above positions? Fill out our Application and we will be in touch!
If you have emailed a ConCom member and not received a reply, please write to our ConChair
Dave “Ska” Green
The Convention Chair is chosen by Penguicon’s Board of Directors to present a budget and create their unique spin on Penguicon in concert with their chosen Guests of Honor, Con Committee, staff, volunteers, and presenters. They run our Con Committee meetings and are the final stop for most decisions. If you aren’t sure who to contact with your concern or request, the Con Chair is always a good option.
W. Kent Kovac
Our Head of Programming works with their large department of volunteers to coordinate the hundreds of hours of events you see each year. This is an incredible process! If you have any questions your event’s track head can’t answer, feel free to write the Head of Programming.
Our Programming Assistant works with the Head of Programming to coordinate the hundreds of hours of events you see each year.
Sarah Jane Catlin
The Head of Ops handles on-site incident response with their team, from missing cables to more serious concerns. If you have a question or concern at the convention, you are welcome to go to the Ops booth first, and they will direct you as needed.
Program Ops ensures that any changes made to our programming after the books are published are communicated to the attendees smoothly and efficiently.
The Communications department typically works with the other departments to communicate important updates to this year’s event, moderates our social media accounts, manages our Penguicon art assets, and handles press and photography.
Social Media Coordinator
Writers’ Block Bookstore
Board Of Directors
Penguicon is run by a Convention Committee for one year at a time, but also has a multi-year governing body, the Board of Directors. The Board makes decisions for future years of Penguicon, but does so only when unavoidable, in order to leave the Convention Committee with as much control of their weekend as possible. Multi-year decisions include:
- Select each year’s Convention Chair.
- Approve the Convention Chair’s budget proposal.
- Keep the bank account.
- Pay taxes.
- Set down the eight minimum rules that each year’s Convention Committee expands on.
- Collect private reports of isolated misconduct, to detect multi-year patterns of misconduct from any individual which may need to be addressed outside the convention weekend.
- Provide information technology infrastructure.
The Board meets four times a year as well as during Penguicon. Meetings are open to the public. You may email the Board Of Directors at: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Vice President||Jessica Roland|
|Director at Large||Scott Kennedy|
|Director at Large||James Hice|
|Information Technology||Paul Keyes|